Saturday, June 25, 2016

BBQ, Live Music, and Senator Greg Smith all at one event!

     The Great Lenexa BBQ battle is in its second day at Sar-Ko-Trails park at the corner of Lackman and 87th street in Lenexa. The event runs until 5:00pm today and Admission is free. 

     I wasn't going to cover this event because of how busy my weekend has been. I decided to go check it out. What I found was live music, great vendors, and amazing bbq throughout the event. So, if you find yourself with nothing to do this afternoon, head over to the BBQ Battle and join your neighbors in an afternoon of fun. Here are some shots of the event.






     As I was leaving I ran into none other than Senator Greg Smith! We had an amazing conversation that I will write about later. Smith is a favorite among Johnson County conservative voters and seems to be turning the tides with a few liberal voters as well. His genuine nature makes him incredibly easy to speak with so, if you make it out there make sure you stop in and say hi. I will warn you, though, Senator Smith has a way of making you feel as if you are not talking with a law maker, but one of your neighbors. More on that conversation later.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment